(ACLU) ENTERPRISE DATABASE SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
ENTERPRISE DATABASE SUPPORT ASSOCIATE [INTE-36]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Information Technology Department, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or national origin.
The Information Technology (IT) Department of the ACLU’s National Office in New York City is seeking a full-time Enterprise Database Support Associate.
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, the Support Associate is a member of the Enterprise Database Help Desk, functions in a first tier support role and is responsible for delivering business support to ACLU National and Affiliate CRM users, with an emphasis on support requests that are technical in nature. The Support Associate supports end users and helps maintain data integrity system-wide though problem identification and resolution using documented procedures, available tools, and escalation to other resources as needed.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess and process all incoming requests for technical and business support for CRM applications and related tools upon receipt using clear communication and prompt follow through.
- Monitor ticket queues and respond within organizational SLA time frames.
- Log, track, update, route or escalate, and resolve all cases using support tracking software.
- Receive and resolve requests for business support directly from members of the user community via telephone call, voicemail, chat, and support tickets.
- Assist in the definition, documentation, and maintenance of internal support procedures.
- Serve as lead on all tasks related to preparing and executing data transformation and uploads promptly as defined by ACLU’s internal Service Level Agreements. Troubleshoot any issues with data uploads using available query tools. Perform regular data hygiene to enforce business rules in the database.
- Monitor support queue on critical weekends, as required.
- Initiate escalation to technical and second tier business support resources according to established procedures.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Collaborate with staff from Development, Advocacy, and Communications teams at the National Office, as well as Affiliate staff, to work on cross-functional problems. Participate in special projects and IT initiatives as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting database systems, preferably fundraising systems and/or in a nonprofit environment.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic concepts of relational databases and reporting tools, including ad hoc query tools, data loading, and data cleansing.
- Working knowledge of SQL, SOQL, Apex, and related query and programming languages required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, RoundCorner/NGO Connect, and related platforms required.
- Problem solving skills and inherent decision-making ability as well as the ability to take initiative, be assertive, and multi-task.
- Experience troubleshooting in a Salesforce environment highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and writing, including the ability to compose, edit, and proof correspondence and documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and end users.
- Dependable, results driven and assumes ownership of tasks assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; strong Microsoft Excel expertise required. Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization tools like Asana, Looker, GoodData, Tableau, etc. is desirable.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, fostering a team focused environment that encourages collaboration and peer support.
- This position will be serving ACLU’s West Coast affiliates; Ability to work from 12pm - 8pm ET is required.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and a relevant writing sample to: hrjobsINTE@aclu.org - reference [INTE-36] in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”