AAMA SPEAKER SERIES | INTERNET LEADS TO HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS?
Thursday, November 3, 2016 | 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Deloitte | 555 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
The AAMA is honored to welcome Aglaia Kong, CTO at Google, Hope Lewis, CEO of MORE Health and Dr. Zion Shen, Founder of Ufrate, as our featured speakers. They will share their thoughts on:
- Internet's Search For The Right Medical Attention
- Novel Incubating and Angel Possibilities
- Medical Access in China: How Technology is Revolutionizing the Process
- Where to Find and Access the Best Medical Consultation and How to Avoid Being Misguided
- Software Technologies Used to Screen U.S.A. Healthcare Requirements
- Predictions on the Next Wave of Innovation
- Individuals older than 65 will reach 25-30% of the nation in 2030
- Three conditions (high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high blood sugar) that are the most common diseases
- Age for cancer is getting younger
- Few medical experts are available comparing massive needs
- Many experts have left China
- Many Chinese medicine treatments are good but cannot scale
- People can afford treatment overseas but there is yet a good system to help them during the recovering process
- Use a platform to help people to find and understand the best medicine and/or drug for a certain disease
- Create an advising platform to facilitate the best consultation and avoid being misguided
- Use software technology to screen global healthcare requirements, and advise what drugs can be used in what country
- Data base to provide information on who can source medical specialties
- Discuss a mechanism to allow massive productization of Chinese medicine to help millions instead of a few
The AAMA Speaker Series celebrates the accomplishments of extraordinary individuals creating leading-edge solutions in the Silicon Valley and Asia.
CTO, Corporate Network at Google
Aglaia Kong is an expert in many areas such as GPS/GIS, laser chemistry, security, cloud computing, energy, storage, file system, networking, image pattern recognition, and virtualization. She has over 13+ patterns. She serves in many startup boards and provides mentorships. She graduated from University of Minnesota focusing on Electrical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, MORE Health
MORE Health Inc. is a leading internet platform of cross-border medicine for Chinese patients seeking top quality care anywhere in the world. The company began with the dream of bringing the world's best physicians and medical treatments to close friends and family in other countries. This dream came to realize the demand for cross-border medical consulting with the best doctors in the world. MORE Health offers access to experience top medical diagnosis, and the possibility of receiving the most technologically advanced medical treatment in the world through its network of top medical experts.
Dr. Zion Shen
Founder and Chairman, Ufrate Incubator
Dr. Shen received his Ph.D. in computer engineering at Iowa State University, and his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering at Tsinghua University in Beijing. With his many years and wealth of experience, he brings to Ufrate numerous innovative technologies, business strategy, and entrepreneurial experience. Prior to his business ventures in Silicon Valley, he worked as a senior engineer at Cadence Design (the world's largest chip design software company). Dr. Shen has published seven papers in IEEE, VLSI and CAD and other academic journals and conferences, and holds several patents in computer related fields.
6:00pm - 6:45pm Registration and Cocktails Networking
Light refreshments will be served
6:45pm - 6:55pm Welcome Remarks
6:55pm - 7:50pm Panel Discussion
7:50pm - 8:00pm Q&A Session
8:00pm Closing Remarks & Networking
- AAMA Silicon Valley