AVCJ Private Equity & Venture Capital Forum - Singapore 2017
AVCJ Private Equity & Venture Forum - Singapore 2017
19-20 July 2017, Westin Singapore
Southeast Asia: The next chapter in the Asia growth story
After China and India, Southeast Asia is poised to become the next battleground for private equity and venture investors, as global players looking to expand into the region. The investment thesis is brimming with potential but in practice market fragmentation and political instabilities have made barriers to entry problematic and minimised deal opportunity.
However, deal activity is increasing and investor appetite for exposure to Southeast Asia is on the rise. Strategically, companies in the region offer a number of opportunities serving the local market and as an exporter of goods in demand across the region.
The 7th annual AVCJ Singapore Forum will provide an unrivalled in-depth analysis and debate on the latest trends, challenges and opportunities for private markets investors attracted to Southeast Asia, as the next destination in their quest for diversifying their portfolios and delivering alpha.
Reasons to attend:
- Network with over 130 institutional investors that are looking to meet fund managers from across the globe and make commitments to the asset class
- Discover the forces shaping private equity and what is the outlook for 2017/2018
- Find out what is driving cross-border deals and which sectors are most active
- Understand how corporate venture is changing the ecosystem
- Hear how family offices are increasing their exposure to private market investments
For conference brochure, please download here.
AAMA reader can enjoy 15% off the standard rate to participate AVCJ Singapore Forum. Please register here. (Please enter discount code: AVCJSG2017_AAMA15)
- AAMA Silicon Valley
AAMA IOT CONNECT CONFERENCE 2017
Learn About The Latest IoT Innovations and Network With The Industry’s Top Executives and Investors
Join AAMA on May 23 to hear executives, engineers, software developers and venture capitalists discuss the future of IoT.
1:00pm - 7:30pm
Silicon Valley Bank - Kellogg Auditorium
3003 Tasman Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
What you will hear from panelists:
- How the current trend of Industry 4.0 data automation and its connectivity to smaller components are innovating the manufacturing capabilities of IoT.
- IoT and its dependence on Artificial Intelligence to expand into new industries, creating new jobs and new opportunities.
- Learn how the public sector will soon reap the benefit IoT through smart buildings, emergency management, education, health care disruption and IT data advances.
- Investors and venture capitalist will share their perspectives on the landscape of IoT, and the favorable circumstances available on both a national and global scale.
CTO, Corporate Network
General Manager, IoT
Former Distinguished Software Architect, Cisco
Prashanthi Rao Raman
Sr Mgr Public Policy
Senior Director, Software Development
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Former CEO, TiE Global
CEO and Regional Dean, Northeastern University
Vice President, Global Sales and Venture Capital
Chief Executive Officer
Prospect Silicon Valley, a non-profit urbantech innovation hub focused on solutions for sustainable, smart cities.
California State Assembly, Committee on Privacy and Consumer Protection, which oversees matters related to privacy, the protection of personal and digital information, security of data, and IT
Kiana Analytics, a leading global cloud-based analytics company; named "Hottest Company" in 2016 by Plug and Play Tech Center
Senior Director, IOT
Director of AVC
Founder and CEO
Terbine, the first commercial marketplace for the world's IoT-generated data
CTO and Co-Founder
Zingbox, a leading provider of cybersecurity solutions focused on service protection
VP of Corporate Innovation
Check back for updates on additional speakers!
1:00pm - Welcome and Introductions
1:10pm - Panel 1 - Industry 4.0
How technology is affecting manufacturing and industrial environment. Discuss connecting devices and mining the data from IoT and connected devices.
2:00pm - Panel 2 - IoT / AI
IoT / Connected devices are generating much data. Dealing with data and privacy is key on a global scale. AI / Machine Learning, cybersecurity, and other technologies can make an impact.
Address how automation impacts the labor force - how to bridge the digital divide
There are key roles from government, educational institutions, and nonprofits in addressing the issues of how automation will impact the labor force.
4:20pm - Panel 4 - Investors / VC's Perspectives
IoT, Connected Devices, and AI have major impact across numerous industries. The panel of investor, corporate ventures, and VC's will share their perspectives on near and long term opportunities.
5:20pm - Closing Remarks
5:30pm - Networking Cocktail Reception
Hors d'oeuvres, wine and soft drinks will be served.
7:30pm - Event Concludes
Proudly Sponsored By:
Canice Wu, Director of Corporate Innovation, RocketSpace
Nader Fathi, CEO, Kiana Analytics
Gordon Ho, Partner, Cooley LLP
Aglaia Kong, CTO - Corporate Network, Google
Angela Pan, CEO, Ashley Chloe
Charlene Yu Vaughn, CEO, The Algonquin Group
We look forward to seeing you there!
- AAMA Silicon Valley