Post your job on the AAMA network to reach talented professionals around the world. Learn More
***New 2021 Job Opportunity***
Executive Vice President, Technology
The EVP, Technology is the leader of Technology for their $160 million, multi-faceted national organization--the largest MS organization in the world, that ensures people affected by MS can live their best lives as we strive to end MS forever.
As a member of the Client’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) the incumbent must gain a broad knowledge of the Society, model their cultural values, contribute to strategic discussions and ensure development and achievement of an integrated Society plan and budget. Ensure priority work is conducted through dynamic and adaptable teams committed to team and culture over structure, and accountable to outcomes. The EVP, Technology must work effectively on leadership teams, including the SLT and the Society Leadership and Management Team (SLMT), while leading a high performing Technology team. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Create and communicate a vision for technology to best support and enable all their work. Ensure organization-wide adoption and effectiveness of technology solutions through the adherence to, and maintenance of, the Technology Roadmap and Purchasing Policy. Ensure technology is an organizational accelerator to increase impact while leading the development and implementation of technology tools and systems. Foster a culture of innovation and embrace continuous improvement to drive efficiency and effectiveness of their day-to-day operations. Maximize system functionality and user productivity while protecting Society assets and minimize cybersecurity risk, staying current with industry trends and security tools
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive data strategy and data architecture that supports the current and future needs of the organization and ensures a cohesive and coherent structure and roadmap for how data flows and is stored. Uphold Data Policies and Governance, improve data quality, and maintain data integrity tools. Ensure the continuing day to day operations of their existing application and technical infrastructure, while planning for the future. Consider and anticipate the complexities and data implications of major systems, including but not limited to: Salesforce, Workday, Data Warehouse, Blackbaud, Donor Drive, among other systems and tools.
- Lead, deliver and maintain all largescale and enterprise projects, including but not limited to, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM), Peer-to-Peer fundraising, Human Capital Management (HCM), Data Strategy, Procurement. Ensure adherence to accountable, measurable, and transparent project processes.
- Lead a high performing, nationwide technology team that is aligned to the business needs, to ensure the Client’s workforce has the tools and equipment it needs to be most productive and effective. Actively participate in, support, and communicate decisions so that your involvement in making them and the rationale is clear and compelling.
- Develop purposeful relationships and communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents, including staff and volunteer leaders, vendors and industry colleagues. Become a trusted partner, implementing the plan while being responsive to their changing environment. Maintain a high level of technical expertise and remain current with external trends. Lead the Technology Advisory Committee, engaging leadership volunteers to add value.
- The EVP, Technology oversees the annual departmental plan and budget, approximately $7 million of operating expenses and a capital budget of approximately $2 million.
- Department staff of approximately 30, with (5) direct reports:
- VP, Technology Operations
- VP, Solution and Data Architecture
- VP, Software Engineering
- Project Management
- Business Technology Partners
- This position involves a significant amount of complex problem solving requiring independent judgment. The EVP, Technology will make quick decisions to mitigate risk, solve complex and routine problems and direct the implementation of solutions. Effective communication to ensure trust and confidence is critical.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive information technology experience with a minimum of 5 years in a technology leadership role, working in complex structural and technical environments, preferably with non-profit experience. Demonstrated successful leadership experience with a history of job growth and advancement.
- Demonstrated competency in:
- Plan and budget development and resource management
- Visioning and strategic thinking
- Building strong, trusting, authentic relationships
- Coaching staff to achieve excellence, embrace professional development, and improve performance
- Project management
- Vendor relationships and negotiations
- Analytical skills
- Strong executive presence and the ability to communicate with and influence Society leaders across multiple disciplines.
- Working experience in large scale project management.
- Working experience with project and resource planning using such tools as Jira.
- Experience in organizations with geographically dispersed operations; ability to work independently while leading through influence in a matrix-oriented organization.
- Desire, drive, and relationship building skills necessary to establish and maintain credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Consistently demonstrate the Client’s operating principles and cultural values.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and motivate staff, volunteers, external consultants and vendors.
- Knowledge of nonprofits and experience in leading volunteers and committee work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical terms and concepts to non-technical audiences. Strong executive presence, and the ability to present to and connect with many groups/people
- Strong commitment to the Client’s mission.
- The environment is largely Microsoft based (Windows and the Microsoft BI stack). Understanding a Windows infrastructure environment as a well as a data warehouse using the Microsoft BI Stack, including data integration and overall architecture and design.
- Experience with Jira preferred.
- Experience with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Workday.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the country and spend as much as 10% of the time
About the Society
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. The gathering place for people with MS, their family and loved ones, healthcare providers, volunteers, donors, fundraisers, advocates, community leaders and all those that seek a world free of MS. A place to connect and take action. In order to change the world, we mobilize all possible human and financial resources to achieve results.
About the Doyle Group
The Doyle Group is an IT Executive Search & Consulting firm head quartered in Denver, CO. Our mission is to develop an authentic, genuine network allowing both candidates and hiring authority to communicate with transparency, integrity, and respect. Our two-client approach fosters positive outcomes for all parties involved because every client interaction is founded on our core principles of Integrity, Honesty, and Trust. It is our guiding values that allow us to deliver and keep clients for life.
If interested, please visit our website and apply online at https://doylegroup-it.com/careerportal/#/jobs. Please also include a detailed cover letter outlining your interest and why you are qualified based on the above job description. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Doyle Group
7555 E. Hampden Ave, Suite 301
Denver, CO 80231